Ski West is a leading retail ski shop in the busy Kensington shopping area of Calgary. We specialize in ski equipment and apparel and place a high emphasis on customer service and product knowledge.
We love what we do and are looking for people that are motivated, innovative and passionate to come and join our team!
We are hiring a sales associate for our skiwear department to start before the end of September.
Position: 7 month contract (we are closed in the summer) with possibility to renew the contract for September 2019. Looking for a 30-40 hours/week commitment but 25-30 hours/week is an option.
Hours: 30-40 hours/week. Predictable hours including 2-3 evenings and one day/weekend. Guarantee 2 days off in a row.
Successful candidates must:
- Be enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Have previous customer service experience
- Have an interest in current fashion and style trends
- Be an avid skier
- Become and remain knowledgeable on products sold in the store
- Assess customers’ needs and provide assistance and information on product features
- Receive and tag new product and merchandise it within the store and restock
- Be able to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision
When you're not engaging with customers you will assist in keeping the store clean, stocked, organized and well merchandised.
Salary: Compensation varies depending on experience (salary + commissions). Above industry average. Great staff discount from our suppliers on the latest equipment and ski wear and opportunities to demo some of the new equipment at no cost.
Experience: 1 year (Required) in Sales or Customer Service